PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To further FMN PLC’s commitment to improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance by implementing health safety and environment objectives and compliance with local regulatory requirements, to prevent injury and maintain a safe working environment.
- To design, implement and communicate HSE management system to meet OHSAS ISO 45001: 2018 requirement and ISO 14001:2015 requirements.
- To prioritise and provide advice in a timely manner on OHSAS 18001 standards.
- To advice on HSE trends and indicators.
- Develop programs and plans to achieve OHS objectives.
- To develop, implement, execute and management strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidences and achieve annual target set by management for HSE performance.
- To supervise the plant’s Health, Safety and Environment program. Facilitate internal audits of the safety management systems.
THE PERSON MUST
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent critical thinking and high level of numeracy abilities.
- Have strong leadership and motivational skills with the drive and focus to deliver results through teams.
- Minimum: B.Sc./HND in Engineering or environmental sciences, and occupational Health and Safety qualification (HSE Level 3).
- Added advantage: NEBOSH certificate or other HSE professional courses, membership of Institute of Safety Professional of Nigeria (ISPON) will be an advantage.